We have moved! And are so excited to announce the re-opening and new location of our NEW Mosaic Centre!
The Mustard Seed Mosaic Centre has been a safe, welcoming refuge for those experiencing poverty in north Edmonton for more than 10 years. And now with our new facility, we can serve even more of our friends and neighbours in the Balwin / Belvedere communities.
Once fully open, we will not only to continue our current programs but will expand programs and services toward a more family-focused model. By providing supports to low-income individuals and families in Edmonton, we’re thrilled the Mosaic Centre will serve and reach a larger demographic than ever before.
Our new location features an advocacy and event space, a community program area, as well as a commercial kitchen. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and current public health measures, the Mosaic Centre will gradually begin offering exciting new programs and services once it is safe to do so.
Our community space, advocacy hub, and community kitchen will all offer unique programs and services, some of which include:
- Coffee Connect - A time where community members can grab a warm cup of coffee and get connected with others within the community and with the programs happening.
- Language Learning Café - New immigrants can come connect with others in the community, in a safe space and practice their English. Drinks and snacks are provided as well as organized activities.
- Youth Night - Youth between the ages of 15-19 can come to hang out and participate in different activities such as gaming, art, nature walks, cooking, and more!
- Community Collective Kitchens - Already a popular program in our previous space, the program will be expanding to include a Dinner Club, Seniors Breakfast, Healthy Meals with Food Hampers, Youth Collective Kitchen, and a Women's Lunch.
- Indigenous Cultural Supports - Supports will be provided in the form of healing circles, smudging, drumming circles, and Cree language classes.
- Employment Coach - Community members can meet with an employment coach to receive support in writing resumes, interview training, job training, and employment connections.