Harbour House Woman's Shelter
Offering accommodation, meals, and support in a sober living environment for men pursuing recovery primarily from drug and alcohol addictions.
About Men’s Recovery Program
- A safe, secure environment for women in our community needing stable housing.
- 2.3 % of women in Kamloops experience homelessness or housing insecurity.
- A partnership with BC Housing and The Mustard Seed.
- This shelter fills part of the “gap” in housing that Kamloops is experiencing and will allow these vulnerable women to have dignity and hope for the future.
- 12-bed shelter that will offer wraparound services for women.
- Access to meals, showers, laundry, and a safe, supportive place for them to be.
- A secure space will allow them physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual support.
- A place to consider other changes that they may want to make, no longer just “surviving” but an opportunity for them to look at options like wellness, referrals to other community supports, like housing, self-development, and possible recovery if they are struggling with substance dependence.
- We hope to create an environment that will give them the time and place to have hope that things can be different, that life can change - that a safe place will allow them to consider hopes and dreams they might have for their life.