If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner we have a solution for you! This is a cheap but nutritious meal that you can make with ingredients you probably already have at home. Read below for Liz's Signature Pasta Sauce recipe.
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 can mushrooms
- ¼ lb. Ground beef or other meat
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Canned peas, or chopped zucchini, or canned tomatoes
- Cook beef in pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic, and chopped zucchini if available. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, until onion and other chopped veg is soft.
- Add pasta sauce, mushrooms, any other canned veggies, bay leaf (optional), and simmer for up to one hour.
- All done! Serve with cooked pasta.
Most of these items are available at the food bank. Add whichever veggies you have available; they all mix in rather well. I’ve experimented with tomatoes, beans, zucchini, but you can add whatever you want.