Community Impact Centre Marlborough
- Free Wifi and Laptop Usage
- Sewing Machine
- Coffee and other beverage is available Daily
- Laptop Usage: come to the centre to use a Chromebook and some free wifi! Available daily.
- Sewing Machine Usage: come to the centre to use a sewing machine (not available to take home). This is NOT a sewing class.
- Resume Help: Meet with our employment volunteer for help with resume and cover letter writing, or to practice your interview skills. Although walk-ins are welcome, appointments are encouraged to ensure you have a spot.
- Tax Clinic: Meet with our tax volunteer to get up to date on your tax filings. He is ready for your questions about taxes and/or to file your income tax returns. Although walk-ins are welcome, appointments are recommended to ensure you have a spot.
Programs & Events
The Community Impact Centre Marlborough offers a variety of programs and services that support our community members through acceptance, empowerment, and practical solutions.
- BINGO and other fun games: Enjoy some coffee and good company while you play BINGO with Chaplain David, as well as win some prizes! Everyone is welcome, regardless of spiritual beliefs.
- Adult ESL: An adult English conversational class that takes place every Thursday. This is a relaxed environment to help improve your English skills, designed for beginners and intermediate speakers.
- Employment Help: Drop-in employment support is available on Tuesdays. Come to the centre to receive help with resumes, cover letter writing, job searching and mock interviews.
- COBS Bread: On Tuesdays stop by the centre to grab a loaf of fresh COBS bread.
- Good Food Box (by Community Kitchen): Get a box of affordable, seasonal fruits and vegetables. Check the monthly calendar for your GFB order and delivery dates. 20-25lbs for $30 | 30-35lbs for $35 | 40-45lbs for $40. CASH ONLY.
- Spanish Class: Whether you know nothing about Spanish or can speak basic levels of Spanish and want to improve – this class will help you build your confidence through conversation and workbook exercises. Weekly on Tuesdays, check the calendar for more details.
- Reading and Writing Circles: Partnered with FESA, this is a great class for people looking to brush up on their grammar, writing skills and overall reading skills. Weekly on Wednesdays, check the calendar for more details.
- Library books from the Calgary Public Library (CPL): New books delivered bi-weekly. Borrow and return library books at your own leisure. Books for all ages are available and book requests are accepted!
- Homework Club (during school calendar year): A pre-registered program for children in the area in grades 3-12. Tutoring, extra workbook exercises, quiet study space, snacks and much more! Parent is required to sign consent form upon arrival.
- • Little Readers (during school calendar year): A pre-registered program for children in the area in Kindergarten – Grade 2. Teachers are available to improve and teach reading skills. Parent is required to sign consent form upon arrival.
- • Rock the Nation (during school calendar year): A pre-registered program for children in the area in grades 7-9. A youth empowerment program for children that want a safe space to hang out, learn some life skills, learn about volunteerism, and learn how to make an impact in their communities.
- • Summer Day Camp: A pre-registered program for kids in grade 1-6. Activities and games are focused on building children’s confidence, leadership skills, and teamwork. Snacks are provided. Eligibility screening upon registration.
- Clothing Pop-Up Store: A pre-registered event where you can fill a bag of lightly used clothing for $5. Registration links can be found on Facebook, the monthly newsletter or email [email protected] to find out more.
- For more information on Seasonal Events – Please check our monthly calendar!