On July 5th The Mustard Seed Red Deer celebrated their 5-year anniversary! To celebrate this milestone, staff and community members enjoyed a BBQ meal, complete with tasty ribs kindly donated by Olymel and cupcakes from local business, Tuneful Tasty Cupcakes!
Since 2016, The Mustard Seed Red Deer has supported families and individuals experiencing poverty and homelessness throughout Red Deer and Central Alberta. But we would not be able to serve our most vulnerable neighbours without the support from our amazing donors, volunteers, and community!
"Many people rely on us as a support system, and we can only care for them because you support us. Thank you for enabling us to care for all those impacted by poverty, who come to us looking for hope and support.” – Byron, Managing Director of Central Alberta.
Because of your unwavering support over the past 5 years, we have been able to accomplish some amazing things:
- Provided 273,033 lunches to children in need through our School Lunch Program, which now provides lunches to children in 7 communities across Central Alberta
- Served 245,643 meals to those experiencing poverty and homelessness
- Received 41,769 volunteer hours from dedicated and generous people in our community
- Had 6,887 spiritual care attendees
- Provided 13,253 Health & Wellness services to people in need
"Thank you, thank you, thank you Red Deer & Central Alberta! We are so thankful that we have been able to care for so many families and individuals across Central Alberta over these past 5 years."